Industry challenge: To strengthen cooperation between humans and automation in order to enhance people’s performance and increase productivity and flexibility.
- Although the future of manufacturing is digital, humans still have a vital role to play.
- Complex production requires competent people to collaborate with advanced automated production systems and robots.
- Digitization, sensors and big data impose new demands on personal safety, communication, interfaces and allocation of tasks between people and technical systems.
- While technological advances demand virtual and global networks, they also enable access to information regardless of language.
- New technical solutions also make it possible to improve workstations, working methods and ergonomics.