This module covers global production, supply chains and production logistics, and how these are enabled by a digital transformation.
STARTING DATE: 2021-10-25
Global Production, Digital Supply Chains and Horizontal Integration is created for Change Leaders seeking to increase their understanding and confidence to further develop supply chains and internal logistics functions, in a global production context, using digitalization. The module offers unique perspectives from experts and participants through continuous cross-company collaboration in learning teams that will broaden your learning network and support your work.
- Define and describe supply chain management using a standard framework, as well as its relationships to manufacturing networks and manufacturing plants.
- Explain the role of globalization and the rationale of global versus local supply chains, as well as reshoring and backshoring.
- Describe different digitalization tools and techniques and underlying technologies for supply chain integration, as well as a transparent and seamless information flow.
- Describe different digitalization tools and techniques and underlying technologies for intra-site production logistics.
- Describe the impacts in terms of transparency, resilience and sustainability, from digitalization in a producing company’s internal as well as external logistics system.
The learning module is a mixture of self-study, webinars, and cross-company exercises. Expect videos, exercises, reflections that you share with other participants, forums for cross-participant discussions, and much more.
Three themes covering:
- Introduction to Supply Chain Management & Global Production
- Supply chain and Production logistics digitalization
- Information sharing for supply chain integration and sustainability
To complete this module, the participant is expected to schedule approximately 4 hours per week over 5 weeks (20 hours in total).
October 25 – The module begins
October 25 – 10:00am – 11:00am (CET) – Module kick-off Webinar on Collegial and chance to meet your learning team for the first time
November 4 – 10:00am – 11:00am (CET) – Learning Team Workshop – chance to meet your learning team for Sub-Module 1 and 2
November 16 – 10:00am – 11:00am (CET) – Learning Team Workshop – chance to meet your learning team for Sub-Module 3, 4 and 5
After applying to the program, please secure dates in your calendar to be able to join planned webinars and assure time available required for learning.
A unique module created in co-operation between academic and industry