This module focuses cyber-security definitions and models as well as information systems certification.
STARTING DATE: 2022-01-17
This module provides learners with basic cyber-security definitions and models as well as practical information to achieve information systems certification against international standards and regulations like ISO 27001 and GDPR. The module will cover data classification and encryption standards (e.g. AES), public key cryptography and digital signatures/certificates, redundancy and backup mechanisms, user authentication and biometric identification, risk and vulnerability assessment, threat modelling, malware analysis, network monitoring, intrusion prevention and detection, and physical security.
- Understand and explain the fundamental concepts of computer security, including data availability, integrity and confidentiality, and their interrelations, in the context of cyber-physical systems and industrial Internet of Things (IoT).
- Understand and be able to apply in reference case-study applications the concepts and technologies of industrial network security related to user authentication, data encryption, firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Vulnerability Assessment & Penetration Testing (VAPT), Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), etc.
- Understand and be able to manage in industry settings the process needed to achieve compliance against cybersecurity standards (e.g., ISO 27001) and international regulations addressing data protection (e.g., GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation)
Learning material consist of recorded audio-visual lectures (2 to 4 lectures of 1-2h each), plus slides and other learning materials like book chapters, papers, links to instructional videos, and self-assessment tests.
Three themes covering:
- Introduction to cybersecurity
- Industrial network security
- Cybersecurity standards, norms and regulatory compliance
To complete this module, the participant is expected to schedule approximately 4 hours per week over 5 weeks (20 hours in total).
January 17 – The module starts
TBD – Webinar
After applying to the program, please secure dates in your calendar to be able to join planned webinars and assure time available required for learning.
A unique module created in co-operation between academia and industry