This module focuses the capabilities of 5G that can support manufacturing and demonstrate examples of how 5G can be applied in a manufacturing context.
STARTING DATE: 2021-09-13
5G promises to be a key enabler for Factories of the Future. The manufacturing industries require support from the 5G community, in particular for:
- A highly reliable wireless communication to integrate mobile robots, AGVs, etc. into the closed loop control processes.
- A seamless experience while using hybrid wireless and wired network technologies with a cost-effective management of the network that unifies the connected assets of a factory.
- Innovations inside the network to offer networked services. 5G technologies will play a key role as unifying platform that supports all communication scenarios, and offers mobility-features and seamless service experience.
This module aims at describing how 5G can enable an adaptive information system in an Industry 4.0 environment and to practically and theoretically enable connectivity by performing a Factory Radio Design.
- Understand 5G technology related to production
- Understand the maturity index related to Industry 4.0 and connectivity (5G)
- Create 5G scenarios related to Industry 4.0
The learning module is a mixture of self-study with recorded lectures and self-study reading as a support, webinars for joint discussions with other module participants, and exercises where theory is applied to the company setting. Expect videos, exercises, reflections that you share with other participants, forums for cross-participant discussions, and much more.
Five themes covering:
- Industry 4.0
- 5G and Manufacturing
- Exercise on 5G and Manufacturing
- 5G Enabled Manufacturing
To complete this module, the participant is expected to schedule approximately 4 hours per week over 5 weeks (20 hours in total).
September 13 — The module starts
TBD — Program Module kick-off Webinar on Collegial
TBD — Discussion about Assignment
TBD — Course Summary and Discussion
After applying to the program, please secure dates in your calendar to be able to join planned webinars and assure time available required for learning.
A unique module created in co-operation between academia and industry