The project LoHiSwedProd will develop new scientific knowledge on flexible and efficient automation for small batch production.
The long term goal is to strengthen the competitiveness for, foremost, small and medium sized companies in Sweden; to make them more sustainable in the global change going from high volume production with few variants to small batch production with many variants. The project objectives are to:
- Analyse the needs and opportunities for cost effective and flexible automation for low volume and high mix production.
- Develop guidelines for automation planning and investments, synchronizing new business models and strategy to low volume and high mix production, in both SMEs and large enterprises.
- Describe, develop and implement effective commissioning, that will reduce the time for integration of flexible mobile robots with 80 %. This includes robot-operator interaction, collection of data, work organization, safety and gripper systems.
- Analyse long term effects of flexible automation on capacity, cost effectiveness, work organisation and production ergonomics.
- Develop innovative result dissemination methods, to be used as a platform for dissemination activities.
The consortium is a research and industry team with a wide competence span within smart manufacturing, and includes five SMEs, of which four producing companies and one systems provider.
+46 31-706 61 80
→ RISE IVF
→ AB Karl Andersson & Söner
→ BK-Produkter i Alvesta
→ Elajo El & Elektronik
→ IF Metall
→ OpiFlex Automation
→ Träcentrum Nässjö Kompetensutveckling
→ Unicarriers Europe
→ WM Press