This module focus on tools and methods, including design guidelines, for making products more environmentally sustainable.
STARTING DATE: 2021-09-13
Sustainable Product Systems is created for industrialists seeking to increase their understanding and confidence to drive towards more environmentally sustainable product design. The module offers unique perspectives from experts and participants through continuous cross-company collaboration in learning teams that will broaden your learning network and support your work in your organization.
- Describe and give examples of environmental aspects and UN’s SDGs that are most relevant to address for Lifecycle management of Product Systems, and give examples on appropriate actions.
- Have insights into tools and methods, including design guidelines, for sustainable product development and development of products for a circular economy
- Be able to describe how theoretical insights can be applied in each participants’ own organizations.
The learning module is a mixture of lectures, webinars, self-studies, exercises, and presentations. Within the module, you will consider your own organization’s products to better understand how the knowledge from this module can be used in your organization. Expect videos, exercises, reflections that you share with other participants, forums for cross-participant discussions, and much more.
Johansson, G., Sundin, E. & Wiktorsson, M. (2019). Sustainable manufacturing: why and how to improve environmental performance. (Edition 1). Lund: Studentlitteratur.
Five themes covering:
- Introducing Sustainable Products and Production
- Assessing sustainability performance of products
- Sustainable product development
- Development of products for a circular economy
- Improving the sustainability performance of products
To complete this module, the participant is expected to schedule approximately 4 hours per week over 5 weeks (20 hours in total).
September 13 – The module starts
September 20 – 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm, 1st Webinar – “Module kick-off Webinar. Meet your learning team for the first time.”
October 21 – 1:00 pm-3:00 pm, 2nd Webinar – “Learning Team Presentation Workshop. Present and discuss your exercises with your learning team.”
After applying to the program, please secure dates in your calendar to be able to join planned webinars and assure time available required for learning.
A unique module developed in co-operation between academic partners